- The development of core research skills that will be trained at the host institutions through excellent research and local training activities related with the local doctorate programmes.
- The development of additional research skills delivered through the network interactions, i. e. a common framework for multilevel/ multidisciplinary optimization. ESR’s will learn to and propagate specifications and limitations across the system.
- The development of transferable skills that will help to develop a highly-employable professional profile. They will be developed during network-wide training events and complemented by the local doctoral programmes.
- The development of transferable skills that are directly related with the transference of research results and its translation into products and services after the accurate analysis of markets and society challenges and needs. Emphasis will be put IPR management, patent licensing procedures, product development, the creation of business plans, raising seed capital, series A, B and C funding, etc.
- The development of transferable skills related with the implementation of responsible research and innovation (RRI). These skills will be also trained in network-wide training events.